Working at NIIOS
NIIOS is home to four disciplines under one roof: NIIOS Research & Development, NIIOS Academy, Amnitrans EyeBank and Melles Cornea Clinic. Through these four organizations, our roughly 35 staff members cover the whole corneal transplant chain.
We work in a multidisciplinary team of corneal surgeons, eye bank specialists, research scientists and diverse office personnel. Our work is characterized by drive and excellence: we aspire to stay the world’s leading center of expertise in the field of corneal surgery. Our lines of communication are short, and we can quickly switch gears when the situation calls for it. We are always looking for inventive, proactive people to add to our close-knit team.
We currently have the following job openings (click to read the full description)
- Cornea fellowship (for ophthalmologists with EU citizenship, for a period of at least 6 months (1 fte)
Does our organization sound like the right place for you? Do you enjoy working in an inspiring environment? Are you a quick thinker and an effective doer? If so, we’d love to receive your application at firstname.lastname@example.org! Please include your resume or CV and a cover letter explaining why you’re the right one for the job.
If you don’t see the right job for you, but you think you’d be a perfect fit for our team, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume or CV and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a valuable addition to email@example.com.
NIIOS stands for Netherlands Institute for Innovative Ocular Surgery. We are an independent organization that furthers innovation in ophthalmic surgery. Our primary focus is developing and refining corneal transplantation techniques for diseases such as Fuchs endothelial dystrophy, keratoconus and bullous keratopathy. Specialists worldwide are increasingly adopting these NIIOS pioneered techniques. NIIOS comprises four organizations that work closely together and complement one another:
- NIIOS Research & Development – develops and refines corneal transplantation techniques that are minimally invasive.
- NIIOS Academy – trains surgeons and technicians in NIIOS techniques through fellowships, courses, symposia, conference lectures and more.
- Amnitrans EyeBank Rotterdam & AE International – prepare corneal donor tissue and then deliver it to medical specialists. We also develop our own innovative tissue preparation techniques.
- Melles Cornea Clinic Rotterdam – provides ophthalmic care to patients with primarily corneal disorders based on the techniques developed at NIIOS.
Together, these four organizations cover the whole corneal transplant chain, from the donor tissue at the eye bank to the patient. The short lines of communication inspire us to innovate and improve cornea transplant procedures. NIIOS is the only organization in the world that has these four disciplines in-house and under one roof.