“How to Get Started with Standardized ‘No-Touch’ Descemet Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK)” is the first extensive book on DMEK. This well-illustrated book, edited by NIIOS surgeons Gerrit Melles and Isabel Dapena, contains all the information you need to start using the DMEK technique. It is the essential reference work for all corneal surgeons, both those just starting out with DMEK and those already experienced.
The book includes key information for everyone interested in DMEK plus valuable surgical videos on the accompanying DVD. The book’s specialist authors pay special attention to the indications for DMEK surgery, and provide guidance on the types of eyes that may be easier to start on. The book also provides a wealth of tips and tricks for preparing a suitable DMEK graft for transplantation and step-by-step guidance on how to successfully perform a DMEK surgery. For more experienced corneal surgeons, the book provides in-depth discussion of surgical considerations in more challenging cases.
The book also covers postoperative complication management, illustrated through clinical case examples, as well as practical tips that provide hands-on surgical answers to frequently asked questions.
The book’s features:
- Indications for DMEK surgery
- Step-by-step description of standardized ‘no-touch’ DMEK graft preparation
- Tips & tricks to perform standardized ‘no-touch’ DMEK surgery
- How to deal with challenging cases
- How to get started as a novel DMEK surgeon
- Detailed discussion on diagnostic tools, clinical outcomes and postoperative complications
- Illustrative clinical case examples
- Practical answers to frequently asked questions
- DVD with illuminating surgical videos
Would you like to take a sneak peek at the book? Please click here.
About the authors
The book is edited by Gerrit Melles, MD, PhD and Isabel Dapena, MD, PhD. Gerrit Melles is the founder of the Netherlands Institute for Innovative Ocular Surgery (NIIOS) and Isabel Dapena is the head of the medical department at NIIOS. Both are corneal specialists and surgeons and experts in the latest corneal transplantation techniques.