The DMEK course for eye bank professionals consists of a 1.5-day program at NIIOS in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
This custom course is tailored to your specific wishes. Our specialists will guide you step by step through the DMEK graft preparation procedure. Along the way they will share a wealth of tips and tricks with you. You will receive personalized training and have ample opportunity to ask questions. In the final segment, you will perform the procedure yourself under the guidance of our specialists.
What You Will Achieve in This Course
Our goal is that after you complete the DMEK course for eye bank professionals, you will:
- be familiar with the preservation and preparation of donor corneal tissue for DMEK;
- know how to choose the best starting material (with the highest success rate);
- be familiar with the two standard NIIOS techniques for DMEK graft preparation (no-touch and touch);
- know how to manage complications during graft preparation;
- be familiar with the more efficient use of donor cornea tissue enabled by DMEK.
In addition, you will be able to assess the quality of DMEK grafts and you will be confident in your ability to prepare DMEK grafts for surgery in your own eye bank.