CorneaClinic - General Information
Melles CorneaClinic Rotterdam is an independent tertiary referral clinic (topreferent verwijscentrum). The CorneaClinic covers general ophthalmic health care, with its main focus on the management of corneal disorders and ocular surface disease.
|Melles CorneaClinic is ISO 9001 certified. Patient satisfaction is monitored through postsurgical Surveys.
Disorders eligible for treatment include:
- Fuchs’ endothelial dystrophy
- Aphakic and pseudophakic bullous keratopathy
- Hereditary corneal dystrophies
- Postinfectious scar
- Chemical burn
- Stem cell deficiency
- Pterygium / pinguecula
- Benign or malign tumors
- Various other corneal disorders & disease
Please see Patient Education for details.
If possible, disorders are treated with minimal invasive surgical techniques according to patient specific protocols, like
- Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty (DALK)
- Posterior lamellar keratoplasty / Deep lamellar endothelial keratoplasty (PLK/DLEK)
- Posterior lamellar keratoplasty / Descemet stripping endothelial keratoplasty (PLK/DSEK)
- Posterior lamellar keratoplasty / Descemet membrane endothelial keratoplasty (PLK/DMEK)
- Excimer laser surface ablation
- Stem cell transplantation
- Amniotic membrane transplantation
- Conjunctival flap
- Pterygium or pinguecula excision
- Tumor resection
- Various patient specific corneal transplant modifications
Some of these techniques have originally been designed and developed by the Netherlands Institute for Innovative Ocular Surgery. Please see Services & Procedures for details.